About our company
Part of Sentius Group, SEO Shark is defined by our Passion, Knowledge, and Performance.
From our modest beginnings in 2014, we have grown into one of Australia’s most successful digital marketing agencies, with clients across a broad spectrum of industries.
We deliver best-practice, transparent digital marketing campaigns which produce market-leading results and returns, enabling our clients to outperform and devour the competition.
SEO Shark will soon rebrand to Shark Digital and embark on an exciting growth path. For the right candidate, this is your opportunity to make your mark and get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and rapidly growing digital agency.
Based in the Sydney CBD Head Office, the SEO Content Writer will deliver high-quality written work to support our clients’ digital marketing campaigns. This role will involve creating engaging, informative, and well-researched content across various platforms, including websites, blogs, social media, email marketing, and other channels.
The successful candidate will benefit from comprehensive training and mentorship from the Senior Writer & Content Lead. Through the development of the role, you will become competent in the following:
- Writing keyword-focused content suited for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) campaigns that help websites rank in Google search results.
- Utilising a suite of software tools to assist in delivering highly optimised content across various channels.
- Applying SEO principles to content strategy to eventually create your own briefs to help clients achieve their goals.
- Delivering technical SEO content requirements for websites like meta data, FAQs, and link-building.
As the role develops, the SEO Content Writer will be expected to:
- Understand and execute copywriting briefs for a variety of clients across different industries.
- Understand content performance metrics.
- Proofread and edit their own and colleagues work, ensuring it is 100% free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Collaborate with the content team, technical team, and account management team to solve content-specific challenges for our clients.
- Research and write about a variety of different topics related to our clients’ products and services.
- Use SEO tools like Surfer SEO, Ahrefs and Screaming Frog to audit a client’s existing content and identify risks and opportunities.
- Think holistically about our clients’ content needs and be vocal in expressing ideas or concerns.
- Take on and action constructive feedback as required from senior team members or clients.
- Where necessary, present content strategy to clients and justify SEO-led content decisions to non-experts.
- Engage with internal team meetings and, when asked, create knowledge-sharing presentations.
- Report any issues or concerns to the Senior Writer & Content Lead and collaborate to resolve them.
At SEO Shark, you will be part of a talented team working on a diverse array of clients from various industries around Australia. As part of your role, you will collaborate with some of Australia’s leading digital marketing specialists to create and deliver outstanding outcomes for clients.
In particular, the SEO Content Writer role gives you an opportunity to not only become a more advanced writer, but also learn transferrable skills that will help you anywhere in the digital marketing world. Through training, performing your role, and collaborating with the rest of the team, you will be elevated as a professional with an in-demand skillset.
The successful candidate will be presented with a career development plan with the potential to move to a more senior position as our company grows.
Why work for SEO Shark?
- Work in a fun and relaxed office environment focusing on open communication and collaboration.
- Use a suite of industry-leading tools and the latest cloud environment.
- Work from home (WFH) on Tuesday and Friday.
- Exciting career development opportunities.
- Competitive salary package.
- Earn commission on client up-sells.
- Benefit from professional training and development opportunities.
- Be on the cutting edge of the digital marketing industry with monthly knowledge share sessions and support from our parent company, Sentius.
- Enjoy the genuine gratitude of clients who trust you to consistently deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Creative mindset with the ability to develop original content
- Organised with high attention to detail
- Ability to take on and action constructive feedback
- Ability to use Microsoft Office
- Prior experience writing in a digital marketing or related role
- Familiarity with PowerPoint and Excel (for presentations and basic spreadsheets)
- Familiarity using Grammarly
Senior Writer & Content Lead
Sydney (Town Hall)
- Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter describing your suitability for the role.
- Please include 1-3 samples of your writing along with your resume (alternatively, you can provide a link to your portfolio).
How to apply?
Email your resume, cover letter and required documents to email@example.com or submit your application below.